There are many ways that you can support Friendship Works while you shop, give or sell online. Have a look at some of these easy ways to give to Friendship Works.
Buy and sell on ebay
Grab a bargain on eBay and support Friendship Works.
There are a number of ways you can raise money for Friendship Works through eBay:
Donate while you sell:
- Earn fee credits. Every time you list an item for charity, you will receive a fee credit on your basic insertion and final value fees equal to the percentage you donate. If you donate 50% of your selling price to a charity, eBay will waive 50% of your fees.
- Donate between 10%-100% to Friendship Works whenever you sell an item (subject to a minimum £1 donation per listing).
- Select Family Action as your favourite charity to see every time you sell or shop on eBay. All you need to do is select Family Action on the ‘My Favourite Charities’ page in your eBay donation account.
As a seller, you can add an eBay ribbon to show that some or all of what you will sell will go to charity.
Donate while you buy:
- Select the ‘Donate’ button at the checkout when using PayPal and select Family Action
- Use your PayPal account to make a donation to Friendship Works.
Simply give online:
Read the eBay guide which explains more about how you can help Friendship Works by raising money through eBay.
What is ebay for charity?
MissionFish is a registered partner of eBay that has, since 2005, raised over £36m for charities. MissionFish is a registered UK charity (Number 1110538).
We’ve teamed up with Music Magpie to offer you an easy way to recycle your unwanted CDs, DVDs and computer games and help raise vital funds for Friendship Works.
This is a great way to turn those unwanted CDs, DVD’s and games into much needed support for our charity.
Simply call Music Magpie on 08702 957930 and tell them that you want to register for a free recycling box, or register for free on the website.
Please remember to quote ’Family Action’ on registering.
Once you have filled a box (or collected 100 items minimum), simply call the number on the outside of the box for a free collection – it couldn’t be easier.
Music Magpie has agreed to pay Friendship Works 50p for every CD, DVD and game that meets the criteria below.
Terms and conditions:
- The disk must be in a case and it must be the right disk for the case.
- The disk must not be a copy or a pirate disk – we take this issue very seriously and reserve the right to take further action on this matter.
- We do not accept free giveaways from newspapers or other promotional DVD/CDs.
- The disk must not be cracked or have dents, deep scratches or other serious damage to it – light surface scratches are usually accepted.
- All the original packaging must be present (including artwork and booklet where relevant).
- The packaging must be in good condition. Cases may have light scratches, but booklets and artwork need to be free from tears, stickers and other major blemishes.
- Music Magpie only collect CD albums, DVDs & specified games*.
No video’s, vinyl, PC software or tapes.
*see full breakdown on the Do’s & Don’t list that comes with the box – CDs, Games & DVDs not sent correctly cannot be returned.
Please get in contact today if you can help!
To collect at work on our behalf, simply download the poster below to display above your collection box.
Give a car
Do you own a banger that’s gathering dust? Turn your scrap metal into funds for Friendship Works!
Giveacar is a UK based fundraising organisation that specialises in donating unwanted and scrap cars to charitable causes throughout the world.
They provide a FREE service which is available throughout the UK, and can work with you hand-in-hand in the following ways:
- They can arrange the collection of the vehicle.
- Depending on its age and condition, they can either send it for environmentally safe disposal and recycling at an Authorised Treatment Facility, or to a salvage auction.
- They will donate a large portion of the proceeds to a nominated charity of your choice.
Since Giveacar was set up in 2010, the organisation has already raised over £800,000 for over 900 charities!
To arrange collection of a car, either visit Giveacar.co.uk or call 020 0011 1664, quoting Family Action as your preferred charity.